Newbie questions

Walk-through guides for various game systems.

Moderator: Staff

Stargazer

Newbie questions

Post by Stargazer »

Hello people,
This post aims to be a kind of faq for me and other newbies. Could you please answer them ? Thank you !
  • Is the grid on earth only or does it extends to each colony ? Is it earth centered or more equally spread?
  • Is space travel between colonies common, instant, easy ? If not, why would people go on earth ?
  • Are there lore written conflicts (such as mages vs order) ?
Icarus
Discord: Icarus

Re: Newbie questions

Post by Icarus »

Hi Stargazer,

I'll do my best to help answer questions you or other may have :)

Is the grid on earth only or does it extends to each colony ? Is it earth centered or more equally spread?
: The grid extends to multiple areas, I believe we have 1 small grid per colony/space station

Is space travel between colonies common, instant, easy ? If not, why would people go on earth ?: Space travel is definitely common, in game you can take cheap shuttle rides to other planets.

Are there lore written conflicts (such as mages vs order) ?: The current main lore conflict is between the Terran Initiative and the Liberation, the former being the government and the latter a terrorist organisation seeking to overturn the government etc However it is at current not as big of a plot as TI's Mages vs Order. You can use 'help timeline' in game and the helpfiles for each org (guild) to see what the various conflicts have been at times.
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

I'll chime in with some further possible help:

Is the grid on earth only or does it extends to each colony ? Is it earth centered or more equally spread?:

The most expansive IC grid (IE the most rooms) is Terra (Earth) but people do certainly RP on the other planets/stations.

Is space travel between colonies common, instant, easy ? If not, why would people go on earth ?

Major IC orgs (CorpSec, Aizu, and I believe the Initiative now) have their HQs on Earth, so that encourages people to RP there. Also shops (NPC and PC owned) and other desired RP locales.

Are there lore written conflicts (such as mages vs order) ?

As noted above, the most equivalent conflict is the Terran Initiative (the IC government) versus the Sol Liberation Front, an eco-terrorist group. The more low-key day to day level strife tends to be the chafe between the lower classes and the upper classes (which can involve the lower classes feelings about authority.)
Stargazer

Post by Stargazer »

What's the daily relationship between corporates and proles ? Is it usually friendly, tensed on a daily routine, only tensed when politic is concerned, or depends much more on character's behaviour ?
SparrowHawke
Discord: Fenryn#5021

Post by SparrowHawke »

Depends on the characters really. Some might get along better than others, just like in real life. Everyone is going to have their own backgrounds, their own motivations so some might get along better than others.
"No, he does not want my thoughts," she said softly. "He wants me, as much as the Red Bull did, and with no more understanding. But he frightens me even more than the Red Bull, because he has a kind heart." - The Last Unicorn (book).